Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, what can you use to clean the windows that has window tint on it without it damaging the tint?

·
Registered
49 Posts
invisible glass and newspaper works well, or those armorall glass wipes....just be sure not to use anything with amonia like conventional glass cleaner

·
Registered
976 Posts
Scjon03 said:
Question, what can you use to clean the windows that has window tint on it without it damaging the tint?
I use a mixture of white vinegar and filtered water with softwipe
blue paper shop towels,5% vinegar cuts grease and no ammonia.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The tint shop gave me a bottle of cleaner that's safe and apparently provides some sort of protection too. Smells like isopropyl alcohol to me. Don't use Windex or anything similar as has already been mentioned. It turns your tint purple.

Medic

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Just go to the store in the automotive section and find cleaners that are safe for use on tint. It will be printed on the label somewhere.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sprayaway glass cleaner.

·
Registered
644 Posts
a product called 20/20 glass cleaner works great.... believe its made by eagle 1

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Darren07RT said:
a product called 20/20 glass cleaner works great.... believe its made by eagle 1
Pretty sure that's what i bought. It's in San Diego, and I'm in NV right now though,so can't check.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
K I'll pick some of that stuff later, but I'm getting my tint redone (darker) for 100 bucks :) The guy use to work with me a while back.

·
Registered
506 Posts
ok i just got my windows done... 5% on the back and rear passenger doors... and 15 on the drivers and passenger windows... i love it... it's awesome and dark and sweet... only thing... i have a small thin long bubble in my rear window... so now i gotta take it back to the guy to get it fixed.... oh well

·
Registered
140 Posts
anything that doesn't contain ammonia. Such as Ammonia free windex, 20/20, invisaglass, any a few more... some say baby shampoo mixed with water in a spray bottle... I'll just stick with the store bought products.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts