Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set last month (Mopar) and STILL haven't put them on yet, because right after I bought them, I saw a post that they looked odd all shiny next to the matte black trim and blackout tape. Our 90-degree weather this week makes me really want to leave my windows vented open during the day, but not without the ventshades on because of the frequent rain.

So I'm looking for some feedback...
If you've got these installed, what do you think? What paint color do you have and do you have the blackout tape?

And, inspired by other mod stories of painting car trim, I suppose I could paint the ventshades to make them matte and sort of matching textured -- but what product would be good for that? (Does Mopar have anything appropriate? The only thing that comes to mind are the spray cans of textured craft paint at Home Depot or a craft supply store.)

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am really terrible at figuring out how to get pics up on this site. But I will try. If they don't show I will try a different method.

Our Orange RT with the Vent Shades. I like them. They do look awkward at first but they grow on you. My wife only liked the front ones until a week of driving it and then she liked them both!!!!

here goes nothing.....

Okay that worked. Sorry for the indoor crappy pics. It is storming here in Ohio. We garage our Caliber.

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh in general I like 'em too and have had them on other vehicles. It's just,, the contrast of shiny vents vs. matte trim that's got me bugged -- and if that makes it seem they don't belong there.

Thanks OrangeRT for the pics!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I will add another pic tomorrow. The bright flash caused the matte to look very grayish. The plastic visors really reflected the flash too!

Will try for an outside pic tommorow if it is not raining when I get home. This way everyone can see the difference. Just to be sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't tried it on vent shades but I know Krylon Fusion is an excellent plastic paint... I used it on my TJ's fender flares and the result was like brand new black...

the paint is made for plastic so it will flex and not peel...you can get it in matte black but even the glossy comes out almost matte..

you can find it at pretty well any store that sells spray cans...walmart included

·
Registered
377 Posts
Some better pictures would be nice. I am also a fan of Vent Visors, but those pics do show a very big contrast. Hopefully some better pics can clear this up.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm just going to wait till after-market [in channel] vents come out. Cleaner look.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I just got a E-mail from WeatherTech, ventshades just approved for production. Go on sale in October. I saw in their ad in the latest Car&driver that they had them but didn't show up on the web site so I E-mailed them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does anyone have these on a car with tinted windows. Pics of that would be great. A tinted window is black & shiny, and I think that the ventshades might fit a little better. Pics please?!?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Take a look at this: http://www.carspace.com/caliberchic/

I copied it from CaliberChic's sig. She has some good pics of a Orange SXT with tinted windows and the vent visors. IMO they don't look too bad. Some angles aren't that good, but others make it look really slick.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The WeatherTech shades fit into window channel and are not stuck on with tape so I'm wondering how they will look on the back doors because of the small 1/4 glass on the back door window. Right above where the dogs tail is pointing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
xlimodriver said:
The WeatherTech shades fit into window channel and are not stuck on with tape so I'm wondering how they will look on the back doors because of the small 1/4 glass on the back door window. Right above where the dogs tail is pointing.
Could be the reason we haven't seen them yet!?!?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts