Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. i work about an hour away from where i work in florida... well its been like 75-80 the past few days which is cool for me so i go 80MPH with all the windows down and the sunroof open radio blarring (musicgate baby :) ) yeah i pull in my yard and the sunroof closes fine... my driver window closes but the rest wont!!! i have to run around and put them up by the switches on the doors thats bull **** i pay 24k for a damn car i want the bitch to work!!!
dodge better get it together... if you guys know anything please post

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
thats a new one ,you see thats the reason why i dit not want power windows ,i had to many proplems in the past ,i would see your dealer for this one,cheers Thomas

·
Registered
976 Posts
sxtcaliguy07 said:
Ok.. i work about an hour away from where i work in florida... well its been like 75-80 the past few days which is cool for me so i go 80MPH with all the windows down and the sunroof open radio blarring (musicgate baby :) ) yeah i pull in my yard and the sunroof closes fine... my driver window closes but the rest wont!!! i have to run around and put them up by the switches on the doors thats bull **** i pay 24k for a damn car i want the bitch to work!!!
Sounds like the lockout switch on the drivers door has failed in some manner,
normally active it does not permit individual window operation but you
say you closed each window from its door switch---weird.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sorry about the windows and I hope you get them fixed quickly. I was in shock when you said $24k because I am assuming you have an SXT by your username. Well I went to Dodge’s website and wow I didn’t know you could get $10k worth of upgrades to the car. Adding every option available I got it a few bucks under $24k.

·
Registered
277 Posts
mistermario... I was just going to post that. My SXT sport with 3 major options was only $19,100.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
sxtcaliguy07 said:
Now now, one problem and you throw a hissy fit. Sure it sucks the window switch isn't working the way it should, and I'm sure the dealer will fix it. I have mine at the dealer right now so they can check out my throttle control. Twice during a 1800 mile round trip I had my electronic throttle control light come on and i lost almost all throttle control. The only thing that would make the car go without bucking like a pissed off bull was all the way to the floor, and then it barely had any power. Turning the car off and back on again got rid of the light and the problem each time, but when you are going down the road at 70 MPH in traffic, it's not a fun thing to have happen. Chances are they won't find anything wrong and say it's fine.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My wife has a really nice Toyota Solara that on really hot days, which is about every day, the drivers window won't go down. It started right after the warranty expired. I had a Blazer before my Caliber, that wouldn't roll the windows up sometimes. Take it in, but don't start going off on the service dept. I'm sure they'll take care of it, at least mine would. And yes, I have to say, 24k, WOW!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HSKR said:
Now now, one problem and you throw a hissy fit. Sure it sucks the window switch isn't working the way it should, and I'm sure the dealer will fix it. I have mine at the dealer right now so they can check out my throttle control. Twice during a 1800 mile round trip I had my electronic throttle control light come on and i lost almost all throttle control. The only thing that would make the car go without bucking like a pissed off bull was all the way to the floor, and then it barely had any power. Turning the car off and back on again got rid of the light and the problem each time, but when you are going down the road at 70 MPH in traffic, it's not a fun thing to have happen. Chances are they won't find anything wrong and say it's fine.
a hissy fit?? ive had to take the car to the dealer 7 times now, this making it 8. in 3 months? i have 8700 miles on it and if i could i would give it back. 8 times in the shop in 3 months is rediculous

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
sxtcaliguy07 said:
a hissy fit?? ive had to take the car to the dealer 7 times now, this making it 8. in 3 months? i have 8700 miles on it and if i could i would give it back. 8 times in the shop in 3 months is rediculous
It's just that you talk about the dealer like it's thier fault your car is breaking. One post you talk about shooting the techs if they don't fix it your radio, this one you are ranting about a problem nobody else has posted about like it's a design flaw of the whole Caliber line. I understand about having a brand new vehicle not working properly, but don't take it out on thd dealer or the techs. If they are fixing all the problems, then it must not be all that bad. They could be telling you it's "normal" like some dealers would. I mean, come on, you had your whole A/C system replaced because you had a funny smell out of your vents, which was probably self induced, and even then complained because you didn't get the cabin air filter from the factory like it would have made any difference. If you really hate the car that much, get rid of it. Talk to the dealer about all the problems you have had, maybe they will work with you to get you into a different car. I mean, if you can get them to replace your whole A/C because it smelt funny, I'm sure you coudl talk them into getting you a different vehicle because of all the problems you have had.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just had that problem this weekend. One of my passenger windows didn't want to come up. Had to give it a little assitance. Straight to the dealer this weekend for the window, for the radio (Sirius won't come up) and for the spark knock. :(

·
Registered
116 Posts
Everyone is always asking me why I didn't get power windows and locks and I just tell them that I don't want to have to worry about switches failing. My parents have had two Dodge Caravans with power windows and locks and at one point or another, one of the switches for the power windows would stop working. When you don't need a/c or heat and really want those windows down, it makes it a little annoying not to be able to roll one of your windows down. My brother currently has a '96 Dodge Caravan and the motor has gone out on one of the windows and they got it fixed, well it doesn't work now and they think it's either the switch or the motor. The a/c doesn't work in it and they rely on having the windows open in the heat and can't get the passenger window down and don't have the money to get it fixed. I don't think it's just Dodge that has these problems with power windows and locks; I've heard people with GM products having the same problems. It's definitely a headache that I'm glad I don't have to deal with. I do feel for you though sxtcaliguy07. I would definitely be pissed off!!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I often wonder why some people have more problems than others,I have
driven all power Chrysler products since 1985 and have never had a switch
or window motor give me a minutes trouble and most of those years I was
putting on 40,000 kms or better as a tech rep on the road in all kinds of
weather.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
My dad used to be the same way about power windows and locks. He'd say it's just one more thing to break. But now he won't buy a car without them. My parents are getting old and realizing the convenience on not having to lean across the car to open a window, and being able to roll it up if it starts raining or something. You have just as much chance of your starter going bad as you would a window switch or motor, but I'd bet you wouldn't have opted for the hand crank motor if it was available.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Calibershark7 said:
Everyone is always asking me why I didn't get power windows and locks and I just tell them that I don't want to have to worry about switches failing. My parents have had two Dodge Caravans with power windows and locks and at one point or another, one of the switches for the power windows would stop working. When you don't need a/c or heat and really want those windows down, it makes it a little annoying not to be able to roll one of your windows down. My brother currently has a '96 Dodge Caravan and the motor has gone out on one of the windows and they got it fixed, well it doesn't work now and they think it's either the switch or the motor. The a/c doesn't work in it and they rely on having the windows open in the heat and can't get the passenger window down and don't have the money to get it fixed. I don't think it's just Dodge that has these problems with power windows and locks; I've heard people with GM products having the same problems. It's definitely a headache that I'm glad I don't have to deal with. I do feel for you though sxtcaliguy07. I would definitely be pissed off!!!
yeah it pissed me off, i went out to my car the other nite (used the rechargeable flashlight lol which only lasts like 5-10 min) and fiddled with the fuses. windows worked and my sirius radio started working also... but still this is a 3 month old car not a 96 caravan i shouldnt have to fiddle with the fuses lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ok.. i work about an hour away from where i work in florida...

There's yer problem right there.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just had the problem too.. the passanger window won't go up unless i use the passenger side...

I've also had the radio replaced, and have asked them to check my heat because when it's about 0 celcius or any dampness in the air it smells really funny almost like windex or anti freeze and they keep telling me that there is nothing wrong with it..

I had a problem where the car was stalling and they told me that my spark plugs needed to be changed I still don't think that I need to change my spark plugs every year.. ?.?

and this weekend my front end started acting up like its a bearing or something not too sure on this one..

Anyways I have 1000 kms. left on my warrenty and hoping that they will fix the problems without any hassels, I've just found that for a new car there are a lot of problems with this and haven't had as many problems with my old beaters as much as I have this one..

Don't get me wrong I love my car, just want it to run right

·
Registered
400 Posts
My right rear passenger switch went about two weeks ago. They ordered a replacement to be installed tomorrow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts