Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the tint place to get an "eyebrow" on my windshield. basically a tint bar across the top. looks great on my black caliber. and for only $30, its a cheap, effective mod. It really lowers the roof line down. I'll try to get pics within an hour or two.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Look forward to pics! I want to tint my caliber, but its Orange, so I'm not quite sure how good it will look with tint. I have a friend with a black TDI Jetta with 15% I think on the windows, and it looks good! He also just ordered some Karthourns (sp?) so it should look really good! I'd like to see a Black caliber R/T with 15% and the Chrome 18s on it like mine. The only black caliber my dealership had in was a base model SXT. It didn't appeal to me as much as the orange did, plus mine was loaded.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I put an "eye brow" on my windshield several months ago. Since we have blue flame seat covers and floor mats, I went with the same theme with the windshield strip. Here's what mine loks like;

So, what do you think?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I don't know why but I was thinking just dark tint, no graphics.

It's different, never seen it like that before.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I was thinking tint too. I stil want to get mine done but im not big on scraping off the black dots at the top of the window or cutting the tint around it. There is no way ill get all the bubbles out if i tint directly over it and it will bug me to death.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fingernipp said:
I was thinking tint too. I stil want to get mine done but im not big on scraping off the black dots at the top of the window or cutting the tint around it. There is no way ill get all the bubbles out if i tint directly over it and it will bug me to death.
If you want to be cheap and have 0 visability through the eyebrow, what about just a piece of gloss black vinyl? Or lay a strip of colored vinyl, then cut letters lout of the black strip and lay it over the colored... for kind of a stencil effect if you'd like it to say something. This is theeeee cheapest way to get a custom decal and it can look good if you take time with the letters

cheap is not always bad. almost all pinstripes are vinyl and they hold up very well unless you sit there and pick at them

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Im too tall for that. Already i have to hang back to see traffic lights .

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I thought he meant tint too.... mine has been tinted since the 3rd day of ownership... looks good.

Micheal... the seat covers..ehhhhhhhh little to much for me. but the brow looks good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
well I'm just looking for an "eyebrow" specific kit with plain dark tint for like... $8 or so. I already have all the other windows tinted. anyone know if auto parts stores have little kits like that?

·
Registered
190 Posts
my 0.02..... not a fan of blue flames, or any flames for that matter.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Red flames, blue flames, chrome, graphics, they all have one thing in common--some people like them, some don't. But that's the nice thing about making your car your own, you can use any decor you want and the end result is something that is uniquely yours.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys, sorry it took so long to get the pics. I put a billet grille on too! here they are...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I like what you did to the lights! Whats that tint film?
For teh windshield did you just tint over the dots? I just dont want little bubbles in the film. I know it will drive me absolutely nuts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts