Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new Caliber owner, and am not an expert on cars. I'm trying to put together a set of winter tires and rims for my Caliber SXT. The stock tire is 215/60/17.

After reading up on these forums, I went ahead and purchased a set of winter tires in a smaller size to save money - 215/65/16. I hope that was a good choice??

I now need to find 4 rims. I know the bolt pattern, but my main problem is what offset size is best? And what else do I need to know to buy the rims. I'm trying to buy a used set, and thus need to know all the right questions to ask so I know they will fit.

Any help would be great!! I know there are similar forums to this but I haven't seen a direct answer to these tire sizes.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Welcome!

That is almost the exact size that I bought my blizzaks in to save some $$ too.

I was able to get some steel wheels for cheap from the tire shop that did the job. have you priced out some steel wheels at a shop?

IIRC its 5 x 114.3 but i'm not 100% sure on that

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great choice on the tire size. I don't see any steel wheels available in my system right now but if you have a local Discount Tire Store in your area I would highly recommend you give them a call. They may be able to find you a set.

If you are wanting something a little more stylish we do have the Momo winter wheel in stock. They are a simple 5 spoke, easy to clean and they are powder coated for extra durability. Please let us know if we can help you with any wheel and tire questions. We are happy to help out.

Momo Winter 16"

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great choice on the tire size. I don't see any steel wheels available in my system right now but if you have a local Discount Tire Store in your area I would highly recommend you give them a call. They may be able to find you a set.

If you are wanting something a little more stylish we do have the Momo winter wheel in stock. They are a simple 5 spoke, easy to clean and they are powder coated for extra durability. Please let us know if we can help you with any wheel and tire questions. We are happy to help out.

Momo Winter 16"
those aren't bad, and they are actually very similar to the factory wheel covers

·
Registered
553 Posts
I just put some Dunlop Graspic DS3's on my SXT - they're pretty decent tyres so far - MUCH quieter than I expected, quieter than the stock shoes even. Much better grip in the wet, although it hasn't snowed here yet. Looking at the tread, they should do nicely though.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
those aren't bad, and they are actually very similar to the factory wheel covers
They are very nice actually and with the $50.00 instant savings on any set of wheels an entire set runs $330.00 shipped. You could spend close to that for a set of used OE take-offs and they wouldn't be power coated. I'd love to see a set on a Cali. :bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts