Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for tires for my 07 Caliber Rt AWD. When i bought my caliber i asked the dealership when i bought it if i would be able to get wintertires for it and they said i would be able to find them. But ive been looking and can't find any the tire size is 2155518. a friend of mine said i could run 2355518 but im not sure if thats a good idea. would they rub when i turned or would i have any problems with them? i know nothing about tires if you haven't noticed. I really don't want to put the firestone tires back on it. I only have 20,000 miles on it and the front tires are bald and noone understand why they are bald already. So if anyone could help me that would be awesome!! Thank You So Much!!!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I am looking for tires for my 07 Caliber Rt AWD. When i bought my caliber i asked the dealership when i bought it if i would be able to get wintertires for it and they said i would be able to find them. But ive been looking and can't find any the tire size is 2155518. a friend of mine said i could run 2355518 but im not sure if thats a good idea. would they rub when i turned or would i have any problems with them? i know nothing about tires if you haven't noticed. I really don't want to put the firestone tires back on it. I only have 20,000 miles on it and the front tires are bald and noone understand why they are bald already. So if anyone could help me that would be awesome!! Thank You So Much!!!

check with a local tire shop. they will definately be able to help you out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive called lots of tires shops and noone knows anything about the tires for my car. Most of them don't even carry any tires that are the size for my car.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
planning on using the same rims or are you buying steelies to put the winter tires on?

its strange that the tire places dont know what the exact tire is that you need. I was shopping around and all of the shops knew exactly what tires and rims I could go with. And I cant go smaller than 18"...whereas you could drop down to a 15" if you wanted.

I went with 225/50/18 tires.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You can use 235/50/18 tires. They're the same exact size as 215/55/18. The 235 tire is just a little wider, thats all, but it won't throw your speedometer off any. They won't rub, people have used the 235 size tire before without any issues. The Caliber SRT uses a little wider tire and it doesn't have any issues. I don't think the Caliber SRT-4 has any expanded wheel wells compared to regular Calibers.

I doubt you'll find any winter tires using the standard tire size. If you select 235/50/18 you'll get some really good selections for winter tires. I'm going to get the Michelin X-ICE tires for my R/T. Don't expect them to be cheap either. Expect to pay at least $170/tire (not including mounting, balancing, and any sales tax).

As far as places to look:

I would try www.tirerack.com or www.discounttire.com

Both are very good places to buy tires. Many here have purchased from both without any significant issues.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
You can use 235/50/18 tires. They're the same exact size as 215/55/18. The 235 tire is just a little wider, thats all, but it won't throw your speedometer off any. They won't rub, people have used the 235 size tire before without any issues. The Caliber SRT uses a little wider tire and it doesn't have any issues. I don't think the Caliber SRT-4 has any expanded wheel wells compared to regular Calibers.

I doubt you'll find any winter tires using the standard tire size. If you select 235/50/18 you'll get some really good selections for winter tires. I'm going to get the Michelin X-ICE tires for my R/T. Don't expect them to be cheap either. Expect to pay at least $170/tire (not including mounting, balancing, and any sales tax).

Both are very good places to buy tires. Many here have purchased from both without any significant issues.

must be nice.....i got Toyo Garrit KX and they were $249.99 + tax each. (included mounting and balancing).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank you so much for your help!! I didn't know what i was going do and none of the tire places i called didn't want to help me out even to give me suggestions about a different size tire all they wanted me to do was buy different rims and i really didn't want to do unless i had to. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts