Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still waiting for my 1.8 5-Speed, however given the choice I would prefer the Diesel option.
Here's a great review of the 2.0 Diesel driven by a Canadian automotive writer. http://driving.canada.com/research/viewroadtest.spy?artid=61175
Check the 0-100kph, 80-120kph times, the top speed and the fuel consumption figures compared to the 1.8 and 2.0 gas engines!

Maybe in 2008???? :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm with you on the diesel.just trying to decide the best option of the 5 speed or cvt and tradeing it in when the diesel comes to CANADA. I can't decide which one I'll get stung the worse on for tradein. I've driven both and the cvt has a littlle more pep when you get to speed and have to pass,, so I'm still deciding. Hopefullly Dodge won't wait too long to offer the diesel in Canada.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Europe is so much further ahead than us in Diesel technology! I can't wait until they arrive here also! It will make a huge difference in the auto industry !
Cheers!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Jeeeeze....why can't that come here? Plus..it's strange they didn't couple that with the CVT. The current model has a severe lack of "oomph" off the line..due to low torque on the CVT. Pairing the CVT with a diesel...which is known for low end torque...just seems to be a good match.

Why can't they bring this here?! :confused:

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm not sure Europe is way ahead of the USA on diesel technology. Cummins is tough to beat for realiability and performance. The USA's EPA particulate laws make it difficult to sell very many small diesels. The Jeep Liberty is now out with one but reviews say its a bit sluggish. Diesel fuel prices seem to be rising faster than gasoline. Currently where I live diesel is about the same price as midgrade. Wonder if the new Dodge Nitro will have the Diesel since the Liberty does.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh, and I bet the reason it doesn't have the CTV is because it is too much torque for it.

I don't see high hopes for any turbo'd CVT R/Ts. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts