Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They made Midwest cover a large area. hehe I'm not there yet, but plan on moving back to Nebraska in a couple years if everything works out the way I want.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Just as long as they keep Nebraska fist on that list.:D

Are Kentucky and Tennessee and Midewestern states?

·
Registered
371 Posts
GOT said:
Just as long as they keep Nebraska fist on that list.:D

Are Kentucky and Tennessee and Midewestern states?
I've always considered Tennessee to be southern. Besides, they aren't in the "Big 12". But I'm not going to argue with the moderator's, after all, they put Texas in their own category.:D

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I agree with ya on some of these... we just used the sections that were already set up at another one of our sites as a template rather than reinvent the wheel. Those sections sort of 'evolved' that way as they were set up by member request.

If it seems it's going to be a problem, just shoot me an email with some specifics about the changes you'd like to see and we'll "git 'er done" :D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of the groupings do seem kinda weird. Never seen Colorado listed as SW before. Usually California is split into NorCal and SoCal because of the size, but one for the whole state works fine as well. Tennessee is usually listed as SE. Obviously some of the members will have to figure out where they fit in best. Like someone from wester Illinois might fit in better with the midwest group than the Great Lakes group. And Most Colorado people would probably do better as midwest. I would say Tennessee is more SE and most will gather in that direction than midwest grouped with states like Nebraska and the Dakotas. I'm sure as people decide where they want to fit in, it will work out the way it is right now. Don't change anything on my account.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree with you HSKR; I'm from Southwestern Illinois (across the river from St. Louis). I know Illinois has a border on Lake Michigan, but I've always considered myself to be in the Midwest too. It really does depend on what part of the state you live in, though. Then again, I've heard people consider Wisconsin and Michigan to be Midwestern states too. I may be wrong, but I did get my Bachelor's in Geography from MIZZOU. Go Tigers!!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts