Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has an indash cd player head unit with XM radio ready inputs? I am getting an XM radio hook up for my Pioneer DEH3700 sat ready head unit for Christmas and was just wondering how people like it? Also is the sat a magnet that you can take on and off for property protection or is it connected to a cord that is tucked into the molding of the Cali and perminately fixed to the car? Thanks.

Aaron

Pearl Orange SXT
2.0 CVT II
Heated seats
Pioneer DEH3700 single disc XM ready
Pioneer XM sat direct connect unit (to be installed IMMEDIATELY after Christmas)
Chill Zone
Limo Tint (rear windows, $170)

I will post NEW pics with the tint and satellite soon, I PROMISE!

·
Registered
687 Posts
How do you already know what your getting for X-Mas? Santa's giving you coal, that's what I heard. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahah.. Well I wanted this Line 6 guitar computer program, but it is backordered, so I told the gf that I would like the XM radio instead... I would have been happy with either or, but since the guitar program is backordered I told her to go ahead and get the XM... I know I'm a Christmas present pooper, but hey...

·
Registered
63 Posts
If by sat ,you mean the antenna...yes, it's magnetic...the ease of removal is just going to depend on where you run the wire. I ran mine in through one of the rear doors and around the trim...but there's enough line between the end and where it is tucked in the trim, that i can pull it off and hang it on the hook.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I installed XM in my Durango my adding a tuner module to my Alpine XM ready head unit. I ran the antenna wire up the A pillar, tucked it along the window molding to the rear of the vehicle and exited out the rear high mount brake light. I leave it there all the time. Never a problem even through car washes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Huff, I was also wondering about the weather damage to the antenna. You have had no problems with it breaking down due to water, etc. ?

·
Registered
683 Posts
MCGHxNA, The antenna is designed to be mounted outside. They generally do not work very well if obstructed in any way. Some people have placed it on the dash without trouble while others said reception was poor. The magnetic mount antenna is designed to be placed outside the vehicle facing directly up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts