Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hellz ya i am getting one.
after much pestering to my mother. i am now going to be getting a caliber
trading in my civic. paying 200 a month.

i want the r/t but insurence will go up on an awd car. so i'll be getting the stx sport.

i have a few questions
like.
i know dodge has some electrical issues on their trucks. i am not a dodge person. but i know some of you on here are. what can i expect as far as that goes?

and. i read on another forum that the cd player can hold 6.6 gigs ?
that means what....... it has a usb port on it? or does it read off of mp3 cds?

also
how is the navi? do you pay a month? i would love navigation in my car

thanx for your time
-jessica

·
Registered
226 Posts
First, congrats on your SXT!

So far, I don't believe any of us have electrical problems in our Calibers. I also only own Dodge, and have not had electrical problems in my trucks.

Depending on your options, you will have an auxilary jack on the face of your stereo- that is the standard option, otherwise you have two options.... AM/FM Radio with Cassette, CD, 6-Disc Changer & MP3 player or AM/FM Stereo Radio w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD/MP3 Player.

I do not have the navigation unit. I find there is nothing better than my Rand McNally. :)

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The R/T did not raise the insurance for us that much, I think it was a difference of 20$ every 6 months

The MP3 discs hold about 120 songs, that seems to be the average. That is on a 700mb CDR, so you can fit around 4 gb on the six discs, (700 times 6 divided by 1024)

I am not sure on the navigation system, I am looking at buying a Magellan or a Garmin Street Pilot, something I can take with me in what ever car I go in.

Congrats on getting a Caliber!

·
Registered
746 Posts
congrats jessica! remember: any other radio than the base model will not have the aux in for your ipod....

or to put it more precisely, the only radio that will have the aux in will be the base model. all others do not.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Welcome and Congrats Jessica!!

All questions seemed to be answered except for the Navigation. I would ask a dealer, but I think it is DVD based and you can get updated DVD's yearly or something like that. Not sure of the price for that though, and if it is HDD based it is probably installed at the dealer and updated for a fee most likely.

·
Registered
901 Posts
87rx7chick said:
...i know dodge has some electrical issues on their trucks. i am not a dodge person. but i know some of you on here are. what can i expect as far as that goes?
(shhh, it's Ford trucks that have a bad rep for electrical issues.)

87rx7chick said:
...and. i read on another forum that the cd player can hold 6.6 gigs ? that means what....... it has a usb port on it? or does it read off of mp3 cds?
The radios w/ CD changer hold 6 CD's. That may be where the "6" came from.

No, no USB port. However the base radio has an AUX jack where you can plug in an iPod or other audio input. The base radio cannot play MP3 files. The two higher level radios have no AUX jack but they can play MP3 files.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hooray on your pending purchase. Post pictures of the new ride...we like pictures. ;)

All questions seem to be answered with the typical thorough nature of this forum.

Tyke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts