Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

tommrows my birthday and sence the informeter does not work on my car, i figured that i would get a remote start/security system for the cali. I want a 2-way system. Today, I went to get my friend from getting his windows tinted. At the shop they had said systems. The guy behind the counter said $450 installed which is rather cheap for the system i want. (CA 650 by Code Alarm) The system by itself is only $140 (very cheap!!!) Has anyone dealt with Code Alarm before? How do they compare with systems like Viper? Most 2-way systems start at around $300 (not installed). Is this one a POS or what??? HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Shops can get the alarms a LOT cheaper then you will ever buy them. I have an Audiovox 2-way paging alarm on my truck. Was $400 installed in '02. Person who did the install said the alarm cost him about $50, the rest of the price was install. That;s where they make thier money. Not sure how well the code alarms work, but I'm sure they work just as good as any other 2-way pagin alarm.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I haven't a clue, but I did want to wish you a "Happy Birthday!!!"

Hope this only comes up once, as I typed it before but it didn't go through. That's how much trouble I go through for your birthday.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
come on guys, dont leave me hangin'!!! I need some advice!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts