Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went through hell today getting everything ready! But My caliber is finally sitting in my driveway , Im about to take it out....

Reviews:

I LOVE everything about this car, alignment is a little off but warranty covers it, it shakes around a little, I havent got used to the transmission ( feels like a manual that puts a little) Is that normal? and I am mad about the AUX jack not being in my car! I dont want to have to buy an adapter!

but the car cant be perfect, it almost is
goddd i love it

Too damn crazily in love to take pics at the moment , so I will tommorow

Black SXT, aliminum wheels, inferno red inserts, security group, 6 disc, musicgate surround sound.

What should I name her?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice that for those who paid $300+ for the upgraded stereo lost their aux jack huh? Other than that I can't complain, enjoy your Caliber!

·
Registered
28 Posts
aux jacks in basic stereos were originally meant for plugging in external CD changers. Since these stereos have internal CD changers, they no longer need aux jacks.

At least that's the basic way of thinking for most manufacterers anyhow. Try to tell them that they think wrong and they'll laught at you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
what about "blacky".... jeje
congratssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I know, I know.. that's dogs name...

·
Registered
12 Posts
that is awsome. i cant wait to have that feeling too. it is going to be awsome. i'll pull her up in my drive way with less than 7 miles in it! :)
i think i might even sleep in it the first night! i ordered mine back in april. my delivery date is june 26th! cant wait.. cant wait

·
Registered
689 Posts
tyde said:
aux jacks in basic stereos were originally meant for plugging in external CD changers. Since these stereos have internal CD changers, they no longer need aux jacks.

At least that's the basic way of thinking for most manufacterers anyhow. Try to tell them that they think wrong and they'll laught at you.
Be really wild, and tell them you can't buy cassettes any more, I'm sure they would be having a heart attack, from laughing at how wrong you are.

·
Registered
901 Posts
CaliberChic said:
Nice that for those who paid $300+ for the upgraded stereo lost their aux jack huh? Other than that I can't complain, enjoy your Caliber!
It does kinda make sense though..

If your music preference is to load up your iPod, you probably don't have as much of a need for the 6-cd changer or mp3 play capability. Likewise, if your preference is to play music from CD's (cd audio or burned mp3's) -or if you don't have or want an iPod- you won't need the AUX jack.

Sure, it's NICE to have both.... but really, how do you play your music the most.

·
Registered
188 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
It does kinda make sense though..

If your music preference is to load up your iPod, you probably don't have as much of a need for the 6-cd changer or mp3 play capability. Likewise, if your preference is to play music from CD's (cd audio or burned mp3's) -or if you don't have or want an iPod- you won't need the AUX jack.

Sure, it's NICE to have both.... but really, how do you play your music the most.
Since I got XM in my other vehicle and a Sony W600 Walkman cell phone I haven't bought or burnt a cd in months. So for me I either need XM or an adapter. I SO should have gone w/ the Sirius! For $175 it's a steal, to purchase the radio and have it hard wired after the fact is much more.

·
Registered
245 Posts
CaliberChic said:
Since I got XM in my other vehicle and a Sony W600 Walkman cell phone I haven't bought or burnt a cd in months. So for me I either need XM or an adapter. I SO should have gone w/ the Sirius! For $175 it's a steal, to purchase the radio and have it hard wired after the fact is much more.
LOL, I don't want to make you feel worse but you forgot the 1-year subscription that comes with the package. Regardless it is good to hear you all are enjoying your new Calibers

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts