Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still don't believe this but I had my wifes Dakota at the dealer getting the Power Steering Pump replaced, and I took her back this afternoon to pick up her truck, and we see this Orange Caliber on the lot that was not there on Wednesday when we dropped her truck off. We figured it was probably an SXT or SE and just wanted to take a look and see how the Sunburst Orange looked.

When we got over to the car, I saw it was an R/T with Leather and Sunroof. Then my wife yelled that it said on the window sticker "built especially for" and it had my name on it!!!!!

This is the dealer I had order my car in February then I was told they stopped selling them and he did not get the order in early enough, I had him cancel the order since he said he could not order it, and I had another dealer order the car for me. Which is sitting in "D" Status currently.

This dealer left the order in and I just got lucky to be on the lot the day they received it. It had 9 miles on it and had just been delivered. I found the Fleet Sales Manager I had dealt with and he said the deal is still on.

I just got home with my new Sunburst Orange R/T caliber!!!!!

I am so happy. The Sirius is awesome, and the U-Connect is a must have, it is beyond belief.

This was crazy that I was at the dealer on the day it arrived and found it. They were just going to use it as a demo car from what the sales manager told me since it had every option.

I will post pictures later. It is going in for Tint tomorrow.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
901 Posts
I agree Harley, most definitely a twilight zone moment!

If it were me, I wouldn't know whether to be overjoyed to have the car from the original order, or to be ticked off at them for what are now the obvious un-truths about that order. And the fact that they didn't even think to call you when the car w/ your name on it actually did show up.

Regardless, congratulations FtK Shadow on the new ride!! and wow, what and interesting turn of events!

·
Registered
246 Posts
What a great story Mike. Glad it worked out for you. Man, what are the odds of that happening to anyone? Enjoy your new ride!!!

Medic

·
Registered
21 Posts
man you're so lucky..the rest of us has to wait a long long time for them to get in the dealers lot..I just wish they start makin them in at least 2 factories cause this 1 in Illinois is not enough IMO

·
Registered
141 Posts
Quite easy, you went through a transdimensional time continuam anomaly that made karma forces meet at the same time at the same place..yes, it was the Twilight zone !

Anyway joking aside, that was most lucky to be there at that time and then to see it.

I'm happy for you man, now you can chill-easy and cruise !

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Exactly! What are the odds?? Anyway, it all worked out in the end, and was even better because it was sort of a surprise!:D:cool:

Enjoy, and get us some pictures!:cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats and enjoy it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congratulations... trust me, I know the joy's of finding an R/T unexpectedly.

·
Registered
181 Posts
black said:
man you're so lucky..the rest of us has to wait a long long time for them to get in the dealers lot..I just wish they start makin them in at least 2 factories cause this 1 in Illinois is not enough IMO
Well, lucky that's for sure. But if they hadn't told you not to wait... February to now is not a short time. Congrats. Love the illusion you didn't wait so long to get it. That's a car truly meant to be yours. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts