Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marine Blue with blue seat inserts, musicgate sound system and aluminum rims.

I have the vin at work, because I've watched for it nightly. Seems I've mistakenly erased the PM that showed what user on the board here owns that car. :mad:

If the above Caliber sounds like yours and you have previously PM'ed me the VIN please PM me again or post here.

As for your Caliber.... very nice! I put an orange circle sticker on the blank neck part of the passanger side airbag warning label so you know I really looked it over. Now I only wish I knew what member here is getting it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nope. It's not me. Mine's Steel Blue, and IBUILDCALIBERS looked it over for me last week! 8)

·
Registered
246 Posts
jolie salsera said:
Nope. It's not me. Mine's Steel Blue, and IBUILDCALIBERS looked it over for me last week! 8)
Drats... Missed that important detail (steel vs marine)! Can't say I didn't try though.:)

Medic

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Medic - Thanks for the try anyway! Is there anyway after I bring the VIN number home tonight that an ADMIN could use that number to look through a backup of the board and find my missing PM. Now that I think of it maybe my PM was lost this week when the board had problems.

I've watched several VIN's (Calibers & Patriots) received from members through PM's. Most of them do not mention it openly on the board before or after it's built. I don't really care, I just enjoy watching for these VIN's, looking it over if during my shift and happy to be the first to announce to the owner that it's built.

·
Registered
246 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Medic - Thanks for the try anyway! Is there anyway after I bring the VIN number home tonight that an ADMIN could use that number to look through a backup of the board and find my missing PM. Now that I think of it maybe my PM was lost this week when the board had problems.

I've watched several VIN's (Calibers & Patriots) received from members through PM's. Most of them do not mention it openly on the board before or after it's built. I don't really care, I just enjoy watching for these VIN's, looking it over if during my shift and happy to be the first to announce to the owner that it's built.
If the VIN was part of a post you could easily do a search for it, but once a PM is gone, that's it. We don't have access to your PM's.

Have you tried your "Sent Items" folder? Perhaps there's a chance you quoted a PM containing the VIN in one of them.

Medic

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope not in the SENT folder either, thanks agian.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If it was a custom order wouldn't the window sticker have their name on it too?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, but that paper goes on the car just before it goes off the end of the line and out the door to the yard for shipment. When I first looked at it there was just a painted shell. When I looked at it last it was finished being built, but still had the inspection line left before it received the paperwork you speak of and out the door. I had no reason to want to see the owners real name, I HAD the PM with the members user name.... I thought.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The VIN# of the owner (last three digits) is xxx885 if that helps the owner to step forward.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
............. I put an orange circle sticker on the blank neck part of the passanger side airbag warning label so you know I really looked it over. ...........
Thats cool! I want to see a picture of that when the person receives it, well that is if they get to it before the dealer gets to take all the labels off. Pretty cool!

Congrats to that owner!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They can't take the label off, it's a federal warning label and must be given to the owner like that. The small orange sticker I put on it does not cover any words and can not be seen until after the label is removed. I'm sure nobody will see the orange sticker unless they are looking for it. :cool:

If the owner does not answer this thread or PM me, I'll never know if he/she ever sees it and if so have no idea why it was put there or by who. Oh well, we will just wait.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is a copy & paste of a PM I received from user malikarimarc. :cool:

Hi IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268,

Finally i got my car. My dealer call me March 14 and he told me that he just receive the car. So March 15 ,after 99 days of waiting i have it. And as you mentioned i saw you orange sticker.:)
I have the chance to drive it this Saturday during i hope our last winter snow storm. (20 cm oups sorry 5 inches of snow)
First impression it's great i like very much evev if i have to read the owner manual to be more familiar with all the accessories and the lamps.

Caliber SXT Sport 2007
2.0 L CVT
Marine blue pearl
17X6.5-in. Aluminum Wheels
Security Group
Air conditioning
Heated seat
9-Speaker Premium Sound Group
Driver Convenience Group
Sport Appearance Interior Group
Fog Lamps
Trailer Tow Group

Thank You very much.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Cool, if that user is looking in here, I want to see the sticker!!:) I don't know why, but that is cool, you know, the feeling of a small world...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll use a sticker on the next one I check too. I wish I would have thought of that before. :)

Currently, I only have one VIN I'm looking for now. If anyone else out there wants me to TRY and look at theirs (if during my shift) I will. Drop me a PM. Even if it's not built on my shift and slips out the door before I get to work and look at it at the very least I could comfirm if it's built or not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts